Dear Potential Teacher,
Our School is now looking once more to fill some positions we have available in Milan, starting January 2017.
What We Offer
WorldBridge is a company of young professionals that offers Language Services -- translations, interpreting services, and language courses.
All of our courses are taught by native speakers (or C2-level speakers), following the CBI (Content-Based Instruction) method. The language is promoted as a true and authentic means of communication as well as guaranteeing our clients a tangible development in their communicative skills. We take teaching quality and competence very seriously, therefore twice a year, we hold a workshop to teach CBI and its application to all of our instructors.
Here at WorldBridge, we offer General English courses at all levels (A1 through C2 according to the CEFR), as well as exam-preparation courses, and personalized-curriculum courses (Business English, English and Psychology, English and Linguistics, English and Photography, English and Medicine, and many more).
- One-On-One Courses: These courses can be personalized, so lessons can be arranged to fit around the student's commitments. Lessons last a minimum of an hour and a half and the teacher and student will decide together upon their frequency. In these courses, a didactic plan is developed, based entirely on the requirements of the client.These courses normally take place between 9:00 and 6:30 pm.
- Courses in Pairs: These are a middle ground between the one-to-one and the small group courses, and so are semi-personalizable. We are flexible with regards to the scheduling of these courses and the frequency of lessons will be determined by the student and teacher together.
- Courses in Small Groups: Our small groups are made up of 3, 4, or 5 people. Our courses for small groups last 30 hours per unit after which the student has the possibility of renewing their subscription for a second unit. In this way, we can guarantee satisfactory results.These courses normally take place at night, between 6:30 and 9:00 pm, and all lessons are 2 hours long.
Our lessons can be held in Milan in Via Pastrengo, 14, in Via Prina, 9, in Via Aosta, 4, or at the client's office.
We also offer trial lessons to our students, which allow the student to sample our teaching method, whilst enabling the teacher to evaluate their starting level and goals. Our teachers are paid for trials regardless of their outcome.
Though our courses are normally several months long, all of our teachers are paid hourly at the end of each month, based on the number of hours taught.
What We Are Looking For
The perfect candidate would meet all of the following requirements:
- Have native-level English
- Have a passion for teaching (even with limited experience)
- Be open-minded
- Be willing to learn
- Be an excellent listener
- Be flexible
- An empathetic nature is a big plus
Our Selection Process
Step 1: Preliminary Questions
If you are interested in joining our team, please, take a moment to answer these questions:
Why are you looking to teach English to foreigners?
Do you have any previous experience?
What do you think are the 3 most important qualities in a teacher?
Step 2: Teaching-Method Workshop
If you have answered the questions above, and are interested in working with us, I will hold a workshop on the CBI teaching method, and how we look to apply it in our classrooms on Tuesday, January 10th from 11:00 am to 1:30 pm.
Please RSVP if you are interested in participating.
Step 3: Teaching Trial
Following my workshop, I will ask each of you to please come in and prepare a mock lesson to present to me. You will be asked to prepare two versions of the same lesson, centered around the same topic of your choice, one aimed for an A2 group and one for a B2 group, using what you learned about CBI.
Step 4: Join Our Team!
If your trial is satisfactory, I will ask for your availability, and match you with one of our courses -- you would now be part of our team!
Look forward to hearing your answers at email@example.com.
Thank you for your time.
All the best,
Director of Studies
Scopri i Nostri Servizi
Che ne dici?